Re: Add support for ALTER INDEX .. ALTER [COLUMN] col_num {SET,RESET} - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Add support for ALTER INDEX .. ALTER [COLUMN] col_num {SET,RESET}
Date
Re: Add support for ALTER INDEX .. ALTER [COLUMN] col_num {SET,RESET}  (Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 02:09:34PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> The attached does the work, with tests and documentation added to all
> the places I could think about while reviewing the existing opclass
> code for indexes.  There is no need to worry about pg_dump, as opclass
> parameters are loaded with CREATE INDEX.

By the way, while looking at this area of the code (particularly
tsvector and gist), I was under the impression that it is safe to
assume that we don't particularly need to rebuild the index when
changing its attoptions this way, but I have also the feeling to be
rather naive here.

Alexander, you have much more experience in this area than I do, what
are your thoughts on the matter?
--
Michael

Attachment