Re: can we add subscription TAP test option "vcregress subscriptioncheck" for MSVC builds? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: can we add subscription TAP test option "vcregress subscriptioncheck" for MSVC builds?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 09:56:41AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Well, see
> <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/install-windows-full.html#id-1.6.5.8.12>
>
> Maybe we should move that section.

As this is the part of the docs where we document the builds, it
looks indeed a bit confusing to have all the requirements for the
TAP tests there.  The section "Regression Tests" cannot be used for
the case of VS, and the section for TAP is independent of that so we
could use platform-dependent sub-sections.

Could it be better to move all the contents of "Running the Regression
Tests" from the Windows installation page to the section of
"Regression Tests" instead?  That would mean spreading the knowledge
of vcregress.pl to more than one place, though.
--
Michael

Attachment