Re: Addition of authenticated ID to pg_stat_activity - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Addition of authenticated ID to pg_stat_activity
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 01:21:17PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> The authenticated ID could be a SSL DN longer than the default of
> 128kB that this patch is proposing.  I think that it is a good idea to
> provide some way to the user to be able to control that without a
> recompilation.

I got to think about this patch more for the last couple of days, and
I'd still think that having a GUC to control how much shared memory we
need for the authenticated ID in each BackendStatusArray.  Now, the
thread has been idle for two months now, and it does not seem to
attract much attention.  This also includes a split of
pg_stat_activity for client_addr, client_hostname and client_port into
a new catalog, which may be hard to justify for this feature.  So I am
dropping the patch.
--
Michael

Attachment