Re: pgsql: Support "postgres -C" with runtime-computed GUCs - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: Support "postgres -C" with runtime-computed GUCs
Date
Re: pgsql: Support "postgres -C" with runtime-computed GUCs
List pgsql-committers
On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 08:08:44AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> I am not completely sure what's going on here yet, so I'll just switch
> the test to be skipped when Msys is involved for now.  That should be
> enough to bring back those machines to green.

So, after drinking down a coffee, I have remembered the difference
between the Msys and native perls when it comes to IPC::Run:
- Msys perl generates \r\n.
- Native perl generates \n.

We have already a couple of places where we filter that out, like
PostgresNode::psql or slurp_file.  But we are missing some spots
before calling like() for outputs generated by IPC::Run.  I have
tracked all those places with the attached, and I think that this
should take care of the failure seen here while preventing future
problems.

Any thoughts?
--
Michael