Profiling tool for postgresql queries - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Debajyoti Datta
Subject Profiling tool for postgresql queries
Date
List pgsql-performance

Good Morning,

We are a team of Graduate students work at the IBM Runtime Labs at University of New Brunswick. We are working on development of a query compiler for postgresql. We are already done with tuple deformation but we are not able to get the expected speedup compared to the one without jitting. We are looking at the IR for any scope of optimization, but at the same time we are profiling the queires.

I would like to have your views if perf the best suitable tool for profiling the queries in postgresql or do we have any other tool or shared libraries that share statistics about all the backend functions which we could utilize.

Please share your thoughts.

Have a good dayJ

Debajyoti