Re: remove internal support in pgcrypto? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: remove internal support in pgcrypto?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 11:13:44AM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> So I'm tempted to suggest that we remove the built-in, non-OpenSSL cipher
> and hash implementations in pgcrypto (basically INT_SRCS in
> pgcrypto/Makefile), and then also pursue the simplifications in the OpenSSL
> code paths described in [0].

+1 to remove the internal parts.  And the options of the non-OpenSSL
code paths are more limited than the OpenSSL ones, with md5, sha1 and
sha2.

NSS has support for most of the hash implementations pgcrypto makes
use of, as far as I recall.
--
Michael

Attachment