Re: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 12:06:16PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> You patch removes the warning but by doing that also removes the
> feature that is being tested.

Oops.  If kept this way, this test scenario is going to need a comment
to explain exactly that.

> I'm not sure what's the best way to go about it, Shall we accept to not
> test this particular feature and remove the warning? After all this is
> not the way the statement should be used, hence the warning. Or should
> be keep it in and redirect the warning? In that case, we would also
> lose other warnings that are not planned, though.

FWIW, I would tend to drop the warning here.  I am not sure that this
is a use case interesting enough.  My 2c.
--
Michael

Attachment