RE: pgadmin4 Install On Windows Server 2019, Windows Container, Either ltsc2019 or 1809 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Alexander Biezenski
Subject RE: pgadmin4 Install On Windows Server 2019, Windows Container, Either ltsc2019 or 1809
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hello,

The steps there link to setting up a linux container; the docker hub only has linux/amd and linux/arm distributuons. I am looking to put together a windows container/distribution.

Or did I misunderstand you?

Thank you,

Alexander Biezenski

Sent from my Galaxy

-------- Original message --------
From: Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com>
Date: 2022-03-14 11:26 p.m. (GMT-06:00)
To: Alexander Biezenski <Alexander.Biezenski@secpsd.ca>
Cc: pgadmin-support@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: pgadmin4 Install On Windows Server 2019, Windows Container, Either ltsc2019 or 1809

Hi Alexander,

If you're using docker then follow the steps here - https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/6.7/container_deployment.html
You will have to have email and password when docker image is run.

On Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 6:50 AM Alexander Biezenski <Alexander.Biezenski@secpsd.ca> wrote:

Hello,

I am attempting to install pgadmin4 into a windows container using Docker, on a Windows Server 2019 system. The Dockerfile uses an image pulled from ‘mcr.microsoft.com/windows/servercore:1809’.

I am restricted to cmd/PowerShell and am having issues at the setup.py step in the deployment guide.

If I try to use the Dockerfile RUN functionality to run the setup.py script (RUN C:\'program files'\'pgadmin 4'\v6\python\python.exe C:\'program files'\'pgadmin 4'\v6\web\setup.py), it asks for the initial email, and then errors out. There is not an easy way (that I have found), to pipe through an argument mid script, to answer the email/password prompt.

I then tried to stop short of that run step and finish this step manually via an exec <container> PowerShell and commit the changes setup.py back to the image. However, when I manually run the setup.py in this nested PowerShell, the prompt appears, and then refuses to accept input. I can put whatever text I want in, hit enter, and it just goes to the next line, with no further messages; no errors, not anything.

Do you have any suggestions? Is there an argument setting I am missing? Could I pre-generate the files somewhere and copy them over? Or is this simply unsupported?

Thank you,

Alexander Biezenski

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are prohibited from reading, disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating or otherwise using this information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system.

--
Thanks,
Aditya Toshniwal