Re: Some code cleanup for pgbench and pg_verifybackup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Some code cleanup for pgbench and pg_verifybackup
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 06:36:15AM +0200, Fabien COELHO wrote:
> I do not understand your disagreement. Do you disagree about the expected
> semantics of fatal? Then why provide fatal if it should not be used?
> What is the expected usage of fatal?

I disagree about the fact that pgbench uses pg_log_fatal() in ways
that other binaries don't do.  For example, other things use
pg_log_error() followed by an exit(), but not this code.  I am not
going to fight hard on that, though.

That's a set of inconsistences I bumped into while plugging in
option_parse_int() within pgbench.
--
Michael

Attachment