Re: More time spending with "delete pending" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: More time spending with "delete pending"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Mar 14, 2021 at 06:00:00PM +0300, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
> I believe that the patch attached to [1] should fix this issue. The
> patch still applies to master and makes the demotest (attached to [2])
> pass. Also I've prepared a trivial patch that makes pgwin32_open() use
> the original stat() function (as in the proposed change for _pgstat64()).

Hmm.  Knowing that _pgfstat64() has some special handling related to
files pending for deletion, do we really need that on HEAD?

> -                struct stat st;
> +                struct microsoft_native_stat st;
>
> -                if (stat(fileName, &st) != 0)
> +                if (microsoft_native_stat(fileName, &st) != 0)
>                  {
>                      pg_usleep(100000);
>                      loops++;

This change looks like a good idea for the WIN32 emulation of open(),
taken independently.
--
Michael

Attachment