Re: multi-install PostgresNode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: multi-install PostgresNode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 09:23:22AM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 25.03.21 04:47, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> This would imply an installation with some fancy --bindir or --libdir
>> specified in ./configure.  Never say never, but I also think that what
>> has been committed is fine.
>
> /usr/lib64/? /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/?  Seems pretty common.

As part of the main PostgreSQL package set, yes, things are usually
mixed.  Now, when it comes to the handling of conflicts between
multiple major versions, I have yet to see installations that do not
use the same base path for the binaries and libraries, and the PGDG
packages do that with /usr/pgsql-NN/.  So, I doubt that we are going
to need this amount of control in reality, but I may be wrong, of
course :)
--
Michael

Attachment