Re: Can we remove extra memset in BloomInitPage, GinInitPage and SpGistInitPage when we have it in PageInit? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Can we remove extra memset in BloomInitPage, GinInitPage and SpGistInitPage when we have it in PageInit?
Date
In response to Re: Can we remove extra memset in BloomInitPage, GinInitPage and SpGistInitPage when we have it in PageInit?  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Responses Re: Can we remove extra memset in BloomInitPage, GinInitPage and SpGistInitPage when we have it in PageInit?  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 07, 2021 at 06:31:19AM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> Setting p->pd_flags = 0; is unnecessary and redundant after memsetting
> the page to zeros. Also, see the existing code for pd_prune_xid,
> similarly I've done that for pd_flags. I think it's okay with /*
> p->pd_flags = 0;        done by above MemSet */.

Sure, but this one does not hurt much either as-is, so I have left it
out, and applied the rest.
--
Michael

Attachment