Re: multi-install PostgresNode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: multi-install PostgresNode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 03:33:51PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2021-Mar-24, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> +# The install path set in get_new_node needs to be a directory containing
>> +# bin and lib subdirectories as in a standard PostgreSQL installation, so this
>> +# can't be used with installations where the bin and lib directories don't have
>> +# a common parent directory.
>
> I've never heard of an installation where that wasn't true.  If there
> was a need for that, seems like it'd be possible to set them with
> { bindir => ..., libdir => ...} but I doubt it'll ever be necessary.

This would imply an installation with some fancy --bindir or --libdir
specified in ./configure.  Never say never, but I also think that what
has been committed is fine.  And the result is simple, that's really
cool.  So now pg_upgrade's test.sh can be switched to a TAP test.
--
Michael

Attachment