Re: a verbose option for autovacuum - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: a verbose option for autovacuum
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 12:17:37PM +0900, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> I've updated the patch. I saved the index names at the beginning of
> heap_vacuum_rel() for autovacuum logging, and add indstats and
> nindexes to LVRelStats. Some functions still have nindexes as a
> function argument but it seems to make sense since it corresponds the
> list of index relations (*Irel). Please review the patch.

Going back to that, the structure of the static APIs in this file make
the whole logic a bit hard to follow, but the whole set of changes you
have done here makes sense.  It took me a moment to recall and
understand why it is safe to free *stats at the end of
vacuum_one_index() and if the index stats array actually pointed to
the DSM segment correctly within the shared stats.

I think that there is more consolidation possible within LVRelStats,
but let's leave that for another day, if there is any need for such a
move.

To keep it short.  Sold.
--
Michael