Re: Proposal: Save user's original authenticated identity for logging - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Proposal: Save user's original authenticated identity for logging
Date
Re: Proposal: Save user's original authenticated identity for logging  (Jacob Champion <pchampion@vmware.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 06:37:05PM +0000, Jacob Champion wrote:
> The same effect can be had by moving the log rotation to the top of the
> test that needs it, so I've done it that way in v7.

After thinking more about 0001, I have come up with an even simpler
solution that has resulted in 11e1577.  That's similar to what
PostgresNode::issues_sql_like() does.  This also makes 0003 simpler
with its changes as this requires to change two lines in test_access.

> Turns out it's easy now to have our cake and eat it too; a single if
> statement can implement the same search-forward functionality that was
> spread across multiple places before. So I've done that too.

I have briefly looked at 0002 (0001 in the attached set), and it seems
sane to me.  I still need to look at 0003 (well, now 0002) in details,
which is very sensible as one mistake would likely be a CVE-class
bug.
--
Michael

Attachment