Re: SV: Log files polluted with permission denied error messages after every 10 seconds - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: SV: Log files polluted with permission denied error messages after every 10 seconds
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 12:25:45PM +1300, Guy Burgess wrote:
> FWIW, this looks the same issue I am getting (reported last month:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/f444a84e-2d29-55f9-51a6-a5dcea3bc253%40burgess.co.nz)

Yep.

> I get the same Process Monitor output, including BUFFER OVERFLOW entries.
> No sign of any process other than postgres.exe touching the WAL files.

Guy, do you have an environment where this is still happening and
where you could test a potential fix?  We are not sure yet what's
causing that, but one code path has changed in this area, involving
CreateHardLinkA()+_unlink() instead of a single rename when attempting
to recycle a segment.  And I am just in a mood to build things by
myself and send some links to people to be able to download and test
that, so one more is fine..
--
Michael

Attachment