Re: BUG #16927: Postgres can`t access WAL files - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #16927: Postgres can`t access WAL files
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 10:34:05AM +0200, Ярослав Пашинский wrote:
> I am able to run compiled binaries + patch on my servers, that not a
> problem. Or I could also compile if you could tell me briefly how to do
> that because it`s real useful skill :)

There is some documentation to do that with Visual Studio:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/install-windows.html
In my case, I just use a command prompt to launch those commands and
do the work.  I can send you links to download custom builds, of
course.  My guess is that these should be able to work on your host,
as Windows is good in terms of backward-compatibility.

> I attached 2 files: files_list.txt - that content of pg_wal directory;
> second file file_option.png - properties of one wal file that postgres
> can`t access. Strange thing is even with domain admin or local admin I
> can`t see rights properties for this file.

Thanks.  The .deleted files come from RemoveXlogFile() where a file
gets removed.  This means that a rename before doing an unlink()
fails.  What we are looking for here is what is holding those files
back.
--
Michael

Attachment