Re: Paint some PG_USED_FOR_ASSERTS_ONLY in inline functions of ilist.h and bufpage.h - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Paint some PG_USED_FOR_ASSERTS_ONLY in inline functions of ilist.h and bufpage.h
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 04:27:43PM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> Yeah I don't see any explicit mention on that on gcc manual.  For the
> record it also work as expected using clang, and the attached patch
> remove all warnings when compiling plpgsql_check.

FWIW, the part of the GCC docs that I looked at is here:
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Common-Variable-Attributes.html#Common-Variable-Attributes

And what I have done does not seem completely legal either for
function arguments, even if I am not getting any complaints when
compiling that.
--
Michael

Attachment