Re: Add table access method as an option to pgbench - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Add table access method as an option to pgbench
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 01:22:45PM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> I think that objection is right. All that's needed to change this from
> the client side is to do something like
> PGOPTIONS='-c default_table_access_method=foo' pgbench ...
>
> I don't think adding pgbench options for individual GUCs really is a
> useful exercise?

Yeah.  Looking at the latest patch, it just uses SET
default_table_access_method to achieve its goal and to bypass the fact
that partitions don't support directly the AM clause.  So I agree to
mark this patch as rejected and move on.  One thing that looks like an
issue to me is that PGOPTIONS is not listed in the section for
environment variables on the docs of pgbench.  5aaa584 has plugged in
a lot of holes, but things could be improved more, for more clients,
where it makes sense of course.
--
Michael

Attachment