Re: Add LSN along with offset to error messages reported for WAL file read/write/validate header failures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Add LSN along with offset to error messages reported for WAL file read/write/validate header failures
Date
In response to Re: Add LSN along with offset to error messages reported for WAL file read/write/validate header failures  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Responses Re: Add LSN along with offset to error messages reported for WAL file read/write/validate header failures  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 21, 2022 at 10:22:02PM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Basically, we take one thing and turn it into 3. That very naturally rings
> with "split" to me.
>
> Parse might work as well, certainly better than dissect. I'd still prefer
> split though.

Honestly, I don't have any counter-arguments, so I am fine to switch
the name as you are suggesting.  And pg_split_walfile_name() it is?
--
Michael

Attachment