Re: Remove a unused argument from qual_is_pushdown_safe - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Remove a unused argument from qual_is_pushdown_safe
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 25, 2022 at 04:05:13PM +0800, Richard Guo wrote:
> +1.  In 964c0d0f the checks in qual_is_pushdown_safe() that need to
> reference 'subquery' were moved to subquery_is_pushdown_safe(), so param
> 'subquery' is not used any more.  I think we can just remove it.
>
> I wonder if we need to revise the comment atop qual_is_pushdown_safe()
> too which says
>
>  * rinfo is a restriction clause applying to the given subquery (whose RTE
>  * has index rti in the parent query).
>
> since there is no 'given subquery' after we remove it from the params.

When it comes to specific subpaths of the tree, it is sometimes good
to keep some symmetry in the arguments of the sub-routines used, but
that does not seem to apply much to allpaths.c.  Removing that is fine
by me, so let's do this.
--
Michael

Attachment