Re: Add LSN along with offset to error messages reported for WAL file read/write/validate header failures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Add LSN along with offset to error messages reported for WAL file read/write/validate header failures
Date
In response to Re: Add LSN along with offset to error messages reported for WAL file read/write/validate header failures  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 05, 2022 at 08:48:25AM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> So, a SQL function pg_dissect_walfile_name (or some other better name)
> given a WAL file name returns the tli and seg number. Then the
> pg_walfile_offset_lsn can just be a SQL-defined function (in
> system_functions.sql) using this new function and pg_settings. If this
> understanding is correct, it looks good to me at this point.

I would do without the SQL function that looks at pg_settings, FWIW.

> That said, let's also hear from others.

Sure.  Perhaps my set of suggestions will not get the majority,
though..
--
Michael

Attachment