Re: Tracking last scan time - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Tracking last scan time
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 03, 2022 at 04:44:16PM -0400, Dave Page wrote:
> Here's a patch to fix this issue. Many thanks to Peter Eisentraut who
> figured it out in a few minutes after I spent far too long looking down
> rabbit holes in entirely the wrong place.

FWIW, all the other areas of pgstatfuncs.c manipulate timestamptz
fields with a style like the attached.  That's a nit, still per the
role of consistency with the surroundings..

Anyway, it seems to me that a regression test is in order before a
scan happens just after the relation creation, and the same problem
shows up with last_idx_scan.
--
Michael

Attachment