Re: Make finding openssl program a configure or meson option - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Make finding openssl program a configure or meson option
Date
Re: Make finding openssl program a configure or meson option  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 11, 2022 at 05:06:22PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Various test suites use the "openssl" program as part of their setup. There
> isn't a way to override which openssl program is to be used, other than by
> fiddling with the path, perhaps.  This has gotten increasingly problematic
> with some of the work I have been doing, because different versions of
> openssl have different capabilities and do different things by default.
> This patch checks for an openssl binary in configure and meson setup, with
> appropriate ways to override it.  This is similar to how "lz4" and "zstd"
> are handled, for example.  The meson build system actually already did this,
> but the result was only used in some places. This is now applied more
> uniformly.

openssl-env allows the use of the environment variable of the same
name.  This reminds me a bit of the recent interferences with GZIP,
for example.

This patch is missing one addition of set_single_env() in
vcregress.pl, and one update of install-windows.sgml where all the
supported environment variables for commands are listed.
--
Michael

Attachment