Re: list of acknowledgments for PG15 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: list of acknowledgments for PG15
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 10, 2022 at 02:44:22PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 10, 2022 at 02:41:06AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> As far as I've understood, the idea is to credit people based on the
> >> time frame in which their patches were committed, not on the branch(es)
> >> that the patches were committed to.
>
> > Is the issue that we are really only crediting people whose commits/work
> > appears in major releases, and not in minor ones?
>
> What Peter has said about this is that he lists everyone whose name
> has appeared in commit messages over thus-and-such a time frame.
> So it doesn't matter which branch is involved, just when the contribution
> was made.  That process is fine with me; I'm just seeking a bit more
> clarity as to what the time frames are.

Oh, that's an interesting approach but it might mean that, for example,
PG 16 patch authors appear in the PG 15 major release notes.  It seems
that the stable major release branch date should be the cut-off, so no
one is missed.

  Indecision is a decision.  Inaction is an action.  Mark Batterson