Re: list of acknowledgments for PG15 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: list of acknowledgments for PG15
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2022 at 02:41:06AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> As far as I've understood, the idea is to credit people based on the
>> time frame in which their patches were committed, not on the branch(es)
>> that the patches were committed to.

> Is the issue that we are really only crediting people whose commits/work
> appears in major releases, and not in minor ones?

What Peter has said about this is that he lists everyone whose name
has appeared in commit messages over thus-and-such a time frame.
So it doesn't matter which branch is involved, just when the contribution
was made.  That process is fine with me; I'm just seeking a bit more
clarity as to what the time frames are.