Re: Make finding openssl program a configure or meson option - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Make finding openssl program a configure or meson option
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 06:46:53PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 12.10.22 03:08, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> openssl-env allows the use of the environment variable of the same
>> name.  This reminds me a bit of the recent interferences with GZIP,
>> for example.
>
> Okay, I see what you meant here now.  openssl-env is the man page describing
> environment variables used by OpenSSL.

Yeah, sorry.  That's what I was referring to.

> I don't see any conflicts with what is being proposed here.

Its meaning is the same in the context of the OpenSSL code.  LibreSSL
has nothing of the kind.

> Added.  New patch attached.

Looks fine as a whole, except for one nit.

src/test/ssl/t/001_ssltests.pl: warn 'couldn\'t run `openssl x509` to get client cert serialno';
Perhaps this warning should mentioned $ENV{OPENSSL} instead?
--
Michael

Attachment