PostgreSQL 8 for Win32 -- installation problem - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Randolf Richardson
Subject PostgreSQL 8 for Win32 -- installation problem
Date
List pgsql-ports
        When attempting to install PostgreSQL 8 for Windows (on Windows XP with
Service Pack 2 and all updates as of today; 2005-Jan-04), I get the following
error message (filename is "postgresql-8.0.0-rc2-ja.msi"):

                Windows Installer
                [Yellow Triangle "!"]
                Error applying transforms.  Verify that the specified transform
paths are valid.

        I would like to experiment with this on Windows because I have some
customers who would like to use it on Windows XP (and replace an existing
database engine by SyBASE, MySQL, etc.).

        Thanks in advance.