CREATE SCHEMA $1? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From wtf
Subject CREATE SCHEMA $1?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all,

I to create schema with arbitrary name but it seems CREATE SCHEMA doesn't
accept anythig different from a constant as an argument. I've tried with a
function (CREATE SCHEMA some_func();), a SELECT (CREATE SCHEMA (SELECT
somename FROM sometable);) or as a function (CREATE SCHEMA $1; inside a
function definition) but the parser always throw an error at the first
carachter after "SCHEMA".

I can make a little perl script to make the work, but I assume I'm just
missing a bit somewhere...any hint?

I'm using postgres 7.3.2 (on a debian sarge, r1-5).

--
wtf