Re: Visio Like Tool.... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Randolf Richardson, DevNet SysOp 29
Subject Re: Visio Like Tool....
Date
List pgsql-general
> Is there a tool for designing databases(ERD to data Design) and being
> able to generate scripts or databases from the tool.
>
> Visio does a good job, but does not have a driver for PostgreSQL. The
> scripts have to be modified before executing.

        I like Druid, which is open source and written in Java so it will run
on all Operating Systems:

                Druid, The Database Manager
                http://sourceforge.net/projects/druid/

        This one lets you create multiple E/R Views, and in addition to
generating SQL Code for you it will also create Java classes, complete PDF
documentation, and many other things.  It has direct support for PostgreSQL,
and some others.

--
Randolf Richardson - rr@8x.ca
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

This message originated from within a secure, reliable,
high-performance network ... a Novell NetWare network.