RE: [GENERAL] can grolist in pg_group be updated ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From postgres@taifun.interface-business.de
Subject RE: [GENERAL] can grolist in pg_group be updated ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

> If've difficulty to manage user groups. I don't have a good procedure on how
> I should add a new user to an existing group. Mainly because I don't know
> how to update array's (grolist) or how to read them and insert them again...
>
> Please let me know if there's a good procedure or tell me how to handle
> these array's

Here it is ...

PACO is a graphical remote administration tool for Postgres.
It allows the database administrator to easily administrate
users, groups and host access to databases. The system tables
for users and groups are modified with SQL commands. Host access
is modified with help of server program 'pghbad' which must be run
on the database host. Only DB administrators can use pghbad
to modify the pg_hba.conf host based access control file.

For installation simply copy 'paco' and 'pghbad' into your path.
pghbad must be started in background from the owner of
$PGDATA/pg_hba.conf and listens on TCP-Port 5431.

If PACO doesn't start because it can't load shared object files,
edit the PACO source and insert the correct location of
libpgtcl.so and libtix4180.so.1.2 (yes PACO needs TIX).

PACO can be found here: ftp://gate.sftech.de/pub/paco

Gerald