Off-topic: autoconf guru - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dmitry Samersoff
Subject Off-topic: autoconf guru
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Off-topic: autoconf guru
Re: [HACKERS] Off-topic: autoconf guru
List pgsql-hackers
Is there any autoconf guru?

I have lots problems Autoconf + C++ library.

if I make CC=CXX, configure can't find libpq,AC_CHECK_LIB(pq, PQexec)

because it try link PQexec() - and it is missing

if I keep CC as cc
AC_TRY_COMPILE([#include <stdlib.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>
],
[int a = accept(1, (struct sockaddr *) 0, (int *) 0);],
[AC_DEFINE(SOCKET_SIZE_TYPE, int) AC_MSG_RESULT(int)],
[AC_DEFINE(SOCKET_SIZE_TYPE, size_t) AC_MSG_RESULT(size_t)])

return wrong result because int always aceptable for C but
can cause error for CXX

Is there autoconf version modified for work with C++ or
I have to patch it's macros by my self ?

---
Dmitry Samersoff, dms@wplus.net, ICQ:3161705
http://devnull.wplus.net
* There will come soft rains ...