Re: [HACKERS] 6.5 cvs: problem with includes in src/interfaces/l - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: [HACKERS] 6.5 cvs: problem with includes in src/interfaces/l
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On 15-May-99 Patrick Welche wrote:
> Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
>> To compile postgres using gcc 2.7.2.1 I had to modify 2 files
>>  src/interfaces/libpq++/pgconnection.cc
>>  src/interfaces/libpq++/pgenv.h
>> Particularly,
>> #include <iostream> to #include <iostream.h>
>> #include <strstream> to #include <strstream.h>
>
> My fault. I was using
>
> gcc version egcs-2.91.60 19981201 (egcs-1.1.1 release)
>
> when creating the above patches. However, please make the above
> correct change, as all <iostream> does is to include <iostream.h> and
> similarly <strstream> just includes <strstream.h>. I think the meaning
> is deeper with other compilers, but with egcs they are just aliases. I
> did, as Tom Lane puts it, just break it without thinking.

libpq++ is being redone.  Since 6.5 is under code freeze right now it'll
be 6.5.1 before the new stuff can show up.  pgenv.h is already history
as it uses pretty much all deprecated functions.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null      # include <std/disclaimers.h>
       TEAM-OS2       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com