Re: [SQL] Creating Indexes for MAC and IP Data Types - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Craig Orsinger
Subject Re: [SQL] Creating Indexes for MAC and IP Data Types
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 05-Sep-98 The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, Craig Orsinger wrote:
>
>>         I have added the IP and MAC data types from the contrib sources
>> to my PostgreSQL v6.3.2 database. These data types seem to work fine when
>> none of the fields  that contain these data types are used as indexes.
>> Once I turn a field into an index, however, I see the following error
>> indication:
>
>       v6.4 will hopefully see part of this merged into the standard
> types available, including indexing...we are currently discussing this...

        That sounds like a good idea, although in my case I'd still need
to use a modified version of the IP type. In the meantime, any ideas what
might be causing this problem?

Date: 08-Sep-98  Time: 10:20:11

Craig Orsinger                  (email: <orsingerc@epg.lewis.army.mil>)
Logicon RDA
Bldg. 8B28                      "Just another megalomaniac with ideas above his
6th & F Streets                 station. The Universe is full of them."
Ft. Lewis, WA   98433                   - The Doctor