Re: Re: [GENERAL] Getting the result of a query using COUNT(*) - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Alexandru COSTIN
Subject Re: Re: [GENERAL] Getting the result of a query using COUNT(*)
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello   Try this way:        SELECT COUNT(*) as no FROM MyTable        rs.getint("no");   Or        SELECT COUNT(*)
FROMMyTable       rs.getInt(0); (or (1))                   alexander

> Jackson Ching wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >         I'm using JSDK 2.0 and IBM JDK 1.3 on RedHat Linux 6.2
> >
> >         As i test my servlet,  I got errors saying count(*) column not
found in a query like this

> >         SELECT COUNT(*) FROM MyTable
> >
> >         in my rs.getint("COUNT(*)");   in oracle it works fine, in
postgresql it doesn't. how should i handle aggregate functions in SQL then?