Re: Moving other hex functions to /common - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Moving other hex functions to /common
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 06, 2021 at 08:58:23AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Fine.  Do you want to add the overflow to the patch I posted, for all
> encoding types?

Yeah.  It looks that it would be good to be consistent as well for
escape case, so as it is possible to add a dstlen argument to struct
pg_encoding for the encoding and decoding routines.  I would also
prefer the option to remove the argument "data" from the encode and
decode length routines for the hex routines part of src/common/, even
if it forces the creation of two small wrappers in encode.c to call
the routines of src/common/.  Would you prefer if I send a patch by
myself?  Please note that anything I'd send would use directly elog()
and pg_log() instead of returning status codes for the src/common/
routines, and of course not touch ECPG, as that's the approach you are
favoring.
--
Michael

Attachment