Re: Incorrect allocation handling for cryptohash functions with OpenSSL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Incorrect allocation handling for cryptohash functions with OpenSSL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 07, 2021 at 09:51:00AM +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Hmm. Perhaps it would be best to change all the errors in mock
> authentication to COMMERROR. It'd be nice to have an accurate error message
> in the log, but no need to send it to the client.

Yeah, we could do that.  Still, this mode still requires a hard
failure because COMMERROR is just a log, and if only COMMERROR is done
we still expect a salt to be generated to send a challenge back to the
client, which would require a fallback for the salt if the one
generated from the mock nonce cannot.  Need to think more about that.

>> Using separate fields looked cleaner to me if it came to debugging,
>> and the cleanup was rather minimal except if we use more switch/case
>> to set up the various variables.  What about something like the
>> attached?
>
> +1

Thanks, I have committed this part.
--