Sv: Re: [GENERAL] pg_dump streaming fails - PostgreSQL 9.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Joseph Krogh
Subject Sv: Re: [GENERAL] pg_dump streaming fails - PostgreSQL 9.2
Date
List pgsql-general
På fredag 29. januar 2016 kl. 02:30:59, skrev Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com>:
On 01/28/2016 05:23 PM, drum.lucas@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I'm running this command: *(Trying to copy a full DB (2TB) from a
> hot-standby server to a master (test) server)*
>
> |ssh postgres@myslaveserver "/usr/pgsql-9.2/bin/pg_dump
> --exclude-table-data='junk.*' -—format=custom
> master_db"|/usr/pgsql-9.2/bin/pg_restore --dbname=master_db_temp
> --exit-on-error —-verbose|
>
> Then, after 3 GB I got this error:
>
> |pg_dump:Dumping the contents
> oftable"invoices"failed:PQgetResult()failed.pg_dump:Error message
> fromserver:ERROR:canceling statement due toconflict withrecovery
> DETAIL:Userwas holding a relation lock fortoo long.pg_dump:The command
> was:COPY dm.invoices
> (invoice_id,format_version,ts_issue,ts_ack,customer_id,code,tag,account_data,customer_data,invoice_data,invoice_items_data)TOstdout;|
>
>     I've tried the pg_dump command even with: "--no-unlogged-table-data"
>     option, but it was unsuccessful
>     (http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/E1TutDO-0001Hb-2v@wrigleys.postgresql.org)
>
>     DB size: 2 TB
>
> How can I solve the problem? What's going on? Thanks

Back up everything from the master.

JD

Hi.

I'm still getting this on standby running 10.1 (both on primary and standby)

Isn't this supposed to work? Isn't some of the point of having a hot-standby like this to be able to backup from it?

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS

Attachment