AW: BUG #18389: pg_database_owner not recognized with alter default privileges - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kristo Marijo
Subject AW: BUG #18389: pg_database_owner not recognized with alter default privileges
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello,

here is the exact sql-command.

ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES IN SCHEMA general,extensions for role postgres,apl_admin,pg_database_owner grant SELECT ON TABLES to app_readonly;

BR
Marijo Kristo

Von: Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 12. März 2024 20:55
An: Kristo Marijo <m.kristo@rewe-group.at>; pgsql-bugs@lists.postgresql.org <pgsql-bugs@lists.postgresql.org>
Betreff: Re: BUG #18389: pg_database_owner not recognized with alter default privileges

*** CAUTION: This email originated from outside the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. If you are unsure or already opened a link or attachment please contact your local IT helpdesk. ***

On Tue, Mar 12, 2024 at 07:04:11PM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> Bug reference:      18389
> Logged by:          Marijo Kristo
> Email address:      m.kristo@rewe-group.at
> PostgreSQL version: 16.2
> Operating system:   Debian
>
> Hello,
>
> i am precreating schemas in template1 database and setting specific
> privileges.
> When performing "alter default privileges for role pg_database_owner ..."
> the group is recognized and the default privilege is also set. No error is
> thrown.
>
> When i create a new database the pg_database_owner role is not working
> correctly. I created then the same privilege with specifying the db owner
> and then the privilege works.

Please share the exact SQL commands you used to reproduce this.