RE: How to send queries to master and failover to slave ? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Švorc Martin
Subject RE: How to send queries to master and failover to slave ?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

Okay thanks, I have opened a pull request for the feature: #1430

Martin

From: Dave Cramer [mailto:pg@fastcrypt.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2019 1:24 PM
To: Švorc Martin
Cc: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: How to send queries to master and failover to slave ?

If you have a use case for it then I think it's a good idea

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 at 07:01, Švorc Martin <svorc@sefira.cz> wrote:

Hello,

We have the very same scenario as Benoit describes – if the master instance fails, we would like the driver to communicate with the secondary instance for read-only operations before the failover process is commenced. The second use-case is when the master instance is deliberately shut down for maintenance reasons  and we do not want to fail over to the secondary instance, but instead allow it to process user queries throughout the maintenance.

For this, we intend to implement "preferMaster" targetServerType in the JDBC driver paramater. Would you consider it a good idea to integrate this feature into the official JDBC driver?

Cheers

Martin