RE: [Proposal] Add foreign-server health checks infrastructure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: [Proposal] Add foreign-server health checks infrastructure
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Monday, October 17, 2022 9:25 PM Kuroda, Hayato/黒田 隼人 <kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> > I mainly followed the steps there and
> > replaced the command "SELECT" for the remote table at 6-9 with "INSERT"
> > command.
> > Then, after waiting for few seconds, the "COMMIT" succeeded like below
> > output, even after the server stop of the worker side.
> I understood that we should not call disconnect_pg_server(entry->conn) even if
> we detect the disconnection.
> If should be controlled in Xact callback. This will be modified in next version.
Hi,

FYI, I quickly rechecked the patch's behavior on that scenario with v17.
Now, the last "COMMIT" above failed expectedly, which looks reasonable behavior.
Thank you for having modified it.

Best Regards,
    Takamichi Osumi