RE: The follwing error sometimes happened while updating partitioned table using inheritance; ERROR: attribute xxx of type record has wrong type - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From ideriha.takeshi@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: The follwing error sometimes happened while updating partitioned table using inheritance; ERROR: attribute xxx of type record has wrong type
Date
In response to Re: The follwing error sometimes happened while updating partitioned table using inheritance; ERROR: attribute xxx of type record has wrong type  (Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com>)
Responses RE: The follwing error sometimes happened while updating partitioned table using inheritance; ERROR: attribute xxx of type record has wrong type  ("ideriha.takeshi@fujitsu.com" <ideriha.takeshi@fujitsu.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
Hi Amit,

>Thanks for the report.
>
>This looks to me like a bug of inheritance_planner() that is used for planning inherited UPDATEs till v13.

Thank you for the quick response and detailed explanation!
I'm not familiar with source code around planner, so I really appreciate that.

> adjust_appendrel_attrs() simply copies any Params it finds in the original tree as-is by way of
expression_tree_mutator(),though perhaps it should add new ones that refer to the child plan.  I'll take a shot at
that.

If you work on this, it'd be wonderful because this issue actually occurred in one of my client's system.
(Of course, SQL I wrote is not actual one.)

Best regards,
Takeshi Ideriha