RE: Force streaming every change in logical decoding - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
Subject RE: Force streaming every change in logical decoding
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dear Shveta, other hackers

> Going with ' logical_decoding_work_mem' seems a reasonable solution, but since we are mixing
> the functionality of developer and production GUC, there is a slight risk that customer/DBAs may end
> up setting it to 0 and forget about it and thus hampering system's performance.
> Have seen many such cases in previous org.

That never crossed my mind at all. Indeed, DBA may be confused, this proposal seems to be too optimized.
I can withdraw this and we can go another way, maybe my previous approach.

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED