RE: Support load balancing in libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: Support load balancing in libpq
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dear Jelte,

I like your idea. But do we have to sort randomly even if target_session_attr is set to 'primary' or 'read-write'?

I think this parameter can be used when all listed servers have same data,
and we can assume that one of members is a primary and others are secondary.

In this case user maybe add a primary host to top of the list,
so sorting may increase time durations for establishing connection.

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED