RE: Allow escape in application_name (was: [postgres_fdw] add local pid to fallback_application_name) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: Allow escape in application_name (was: [postgres_fdw] add local pid to fallback_application_name)
Date
In response to RE: Allow escape in application_name (was: [postgres_fdw] add local pid to fallback_application_name)  ("kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com" <kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Dear Fujii-san,

I attached new version, that almost all codes
moved from libpq to postgres_fdw.

Now we can accept four types of escapes.
All escapes will be rewritten to connection souce's information:

* application_name,
* user name,
* database name, and
* backend's pid.

These are cannot be set by log_line_prefix, so I think it is useful.

We can use escape sequences in two ways:
* Sets postgres_fdw.application_name GUC paramter, or
* Sets application_name option in CREATE SERVER command.

Which version do you like?

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED