RE: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE
Date
Re: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE  (Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Dear Hackers,

I revised my patch.

> Please also ensure that you're generating the patch against git HEAD.
> The cfbot shows it as failing to apply, likely because you're looking
> at something predating ad8305a43d1890768a613d3fb586b44f17360f29.

Maybe there was something wrong with my local environment. Sorry.

> However, I perfectly agree that it's very difficult for users to find a problem from the message.
> I will try to add information to it in the next patch.

I added such a message and some tests, but I began to think this is strange.
Now I'm wondering why the connection is checked in some DESCRIPTOR-related
statements? In my understanding connection name is not used in ECPGallocate_desc(),
ECPGdeallocate_desc(), ECPGget_desc() and so on.
Hence I think lookup_descriptor() and drop_descriptor() can be removed.
This idea can solve your first argument.

> You're right. This is very stupid program. I'll combine them into one.

Check_declared_list() was moved to stmt:ECPGDescribe rule.
Some similar rules still remain in ecpg.trailer, but INPUT/OUTPUT statements have
different rules and actions and I cannot combine well.

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED

Attachment