RE: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dear Horiguchi-san,

> How Pro*C behaves in that case? If the second command ends with an
> error, I think we are free to error out the second command before
> execution. If it works... do you know what is happening at the time?

You asked that how Oracle works when the followings precompiled and
executed, don't it?
> > > EXEC SQL AT conn1 DECLARE stmt STATEMENT;
> > > EXEC SQL AT conn2 EXECUTE stmt INTO ..;

 While precompiling, it does not throw any errors. While executing,
the second statement will execute at conn1 without warnings.
So the added warning is postgres-extended.

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED