RE: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
Subject RE: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dear Amit,

> Fair point but I think the current comment should explain why we are
> doing something different here. How about extending the existing
> comments to something like: "If we've requested to shut down, exit the
> process. This is unlike handling at other places where we allow
> complete WAL to be sent before shutdown because we don't want the
> delayed transactions to be applied downstream. This will allow one to
> use the data from downstream in case of some unwanted operations on
> the current node."

Thank you for suggestion. I think it is better, so changed.
Please see new patch at [1]

[1]:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/TYAPR01MB586606CF3B585B6F8BE13A9CF5B29%40TYAPR01MB5866.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com

Best Regards,