RE: Detecting File Damage & Inconsistencies - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: Detecting File Damage & Inconsistencies
Date
List pgsql-hackers
From: Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>
> I would like to propose a few points that will help us detect file
> damage, inconsistencies in files and track actions of users.

Hello, Simon san.  Long time no see.  I'm happy to see you be back here recently.

What kind of improvement do you expect?  What problems would this make detectable?

> * 2-byte pid (from MyProcPid)

pid is 4 bytes on Windows.  Isn't it also 4 byte on Linux when some kernel parameter is set to a certain value?

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa