RE: [POC] Fast COPY FROM command for the table with foreign partitions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: [POC] Fast COPY FROM command for the table with foreign partitions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello, Andrey-san,

From: Tang, Haiying <tanghy.fnst@cn.fujitsu.com>
> > Sometimes before i suggested additional optimization [1] which can
> > additionally speed up COPY by 2-4 times. Maybe you can perform the
> > benchmark for this solution too?
> But the patch no longer applies, I tried to apply on e42b3c3bd6(2021/1/26) but
> failed.
>
> Can you send a rebased version?

I think the basic part of this patch set is the following.  The latter file unfortunately no longer applies to HEAD.

v13-0001-Move-multi-insert-decision-logic-into-executor.patch
v13_3-0002-Fast-COPY-FROM-into-the-foreign-or-sharded-table.patch

Plus, as Tang-san said, I'm afraid the following files are older and doesn't apply.

v9-0003-Add-separated-connections-into-the-postgres_fdw.patch
v9-0004-Optimized-version-of-the-Fast-COPY-FROM-feature

When do you think you can submit the rebased version of them?  (IIUC at the off-list HighGo meeting, you're planning to
postthem late this week after the global snapshot patch.)  Just in case you are not going to do them for the moment,
canwe rebase and/or further modify them so that they can be committed in PG 14?

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa